Package: boinc-app-seti (5.13+cvs20060510-6ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for boinc-app-seti
Download Source Package boinc-app-seti:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian BOINC Maintainers (Mail Archive)
- Steffen Moeller
- Christoph Martin
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [setiathome.berkeley.edu]
SETI@home application for the BOINC client
SETI@home is a distributed computing project using Internet-connected computers for the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI). It searches for possible evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence in radio transmissions collected by the Arecibo radio telescope.
This package contains the SETI@home Enhanced application for the BOINC distributed computing platform. The BOINC client downloads the radio data which the SETI@home application analyzes looking for signals of extraterrestrial origin. Results are then send back to the SETI@home server by the BOINC client.
Note that this package has been primarily created for users of architectures for which SETI@home does not provide its application. If your architecture is x86 or AMD64 the BOINC client automatically downloads the latest SETI@home application if you participate in this project. There is no need to install this package then.
Other Packages Related to boinc-app-seti
- dep: boinc-client (>= 5.4.3-1)
- core client for the BOINC distributed computing infrastructure
- dep: boinc-dev
- development files to build applications for BOINC projects
- dep: libfftw3-3
- library for computing Fast Fourier Transforms
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8k-1)
- SSL shared libraries
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime