Package: liblas-bin (1.2.1-1) [universe]
Links for liblas-bin
Download Source Package liblas:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian GIS Project (Mail Archive)
- Francesco Paolo Lovergine
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [liblas.org]
ASPRS LiDAR data translation toolset
libLAS is a C/C++ library for reading and writing ASPRS LAS versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 data. The LAS format is a sequential binary format used to store data from sensors and as intermediate processing storage by some LiDAR-related applications. LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) is an optical remote sensing technology that measures properties of scattered light to find range and/or other information of a distant target. The prevalent method to determine distance to an object or surface is to use laser pulses.
This package contains the essential toolset to manage LiDAR data: lasinfo, lasmerge, las2las, las2txt, txt2las, las2ogr.
Other Packages Related to liblas-bin
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libgdal1-1.6.0
- Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
- dep: libgeotiff1.2
- the GeoTIFF library -- run-time files
- dep: liblas1 (= 1.2.1-1)
- ASPRS LiDAR data translation library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- sug: libgeotiff-epsg
- the GeoTIFF library -- EPSG Geodetic Parameter Dataset