Package: mpb-mpi (1.4.2-14build1) [universe]
Links for mpb-mpi
Download Source Package mpb:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Thorsten Alteholz
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [ab-initio.mit.edu]
MIT Photonic-Bands, parallel (mpich) version
The MIT Photonic-Bands package is a free program for computing the band structures (dispersion relations) and electromagnetic modes of periodic dielectric structures, on both serial and parallel computers. It was developed by Steven G. Johnson at MIT in the Joannopoulos Ab Initio Physics group, and designed to study photonic crystal structures.
This package contains a parallel version of MPB, using the mpich implementation of the MPI protocol. It allows for calculations on clusters of computers.
Note that you must install libhdf5-mpich if your cluster doesn't have a common filesystem available on all nodes.
Other Packages Related to mpb-mpi
- dep: fftw2
- library for computing Fast Fourier Transforms
- dep: guile-1.8-libs (>= 1.8.5+1-2ubuntu1)
- Main Guile libraries
- dep: libctl3 (>= 3.0.3)
- library for flexible control files
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libgfortran3 (>= 4.3)
- Runtime library for GNU Fortran applications
- dep: libgmp3c2
- Multiprecision arithmetic library
- dep: libltdl7 (>= 2.2.6b)
- A system independent dlopen wrapper for GNU libtool
- dep: mpb (>= 1.4.2-14build1)
- MIT Photonic-Bands
- dep: mpich-bin
- MPI parallel computing system implementation
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime