Package: bash (4.1-2ubuntu3) [essential]
Links for bash
Download Source Package bash:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Matthias Klose
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [tiswww.case.edu]
The GNU Bourne Again SHell
Bash is an sh-compatible command language interpreter that executes commands read from the standard input or from a file. Bash also incorporates useful features from the Korn and C shells (ksh and csh).
Bash is ultimately intended to be a conformant implementation of the IEEE POSIX Shell and Tools specification (IEEE Working Group 1003.2).
The Programmable Completion Code, by Ian Macdonald, is now found in the bash-completion package.
Other Packages Related to bash
- dep: dash
- POSIX-compliant shell
- dep: libncurses5 (>= 5.6+20071006-3)
- shared libraries for terminal handling
- dep: base-files (>= 2.1.12)
- Debian base system miscellaneous files
- dep: debianutils (>= 2.15)
- Miscellaneous utilities specific to Debian
- rec: bash-completion (>= 20060301-0)
- programmable completion for the bash shell
- sug: bash-doc
- Documentation and examples for the The GNU Bourne Again SHell