Package: python-cheetah (2.0.1-2ubuntu7)
Links for python-cheetah
Download Source Package cheetah:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Arnaud Fontaine
- Debian Python Modules Team (Mail Archive)
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.cheetahtemplate.org]
text-based template engine and Python code generator
Cheetah can be used as a standalone templating utility or referenced as a library from other Python applications. It has many potential uses, but web developers looking for a viable alternative to ASP, JSP, PHP and PSP are expected to be its principle user group.
* Generates HTML, SGML, XML, SQL, Postscript, form email, LaTeX, or any other text-based format. * Cleanly separates content, graphic design, and program code. * Blends the power and flexibility of Python with a simple template language that non-programmers can understand. * Gives template writers full access to any Python data structure, module, function, object, or method in their templates. * Makes code reuse easy by providing an object-orientated interface to templates that is accessible from Python code or other Cheetah templates. One template can subclass another and selectively reimplement sections of it. * Provides a simple, yet powerful, caching mechanism that can dramatically improve the performance of a dynamic website. * Compiles templates into optimized, yet readable, Python code.
Cheetah integrates tightly with Webware for Python (http://webware.sourceforge.net/): a Python application server and persistent servlet framework.
Other Packages Related to python-cheetah
- dep: python (<< 2.7)
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python (>= 2.6)
- dep: python-support (>= 0.90.0)
- automated rebuilding support for Python modules