Package: extract (0.5.23+dfsg-4build1) [universe]
Links for extract
Download Source Package libextractor:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian GNUnet Maintainers
- Daniel Baumann
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.gnunet.org]
displays meta-data from files of arbitrary type
Similar to the well-known "file" command, extract can display meta-data from a file and print the results to stdout.
Currently, libextractor supports the following formats: HTML, PDF, PS, OLE2 (DOC, XLS, PPT), OpenOffice (sxw), StarOffice (sdw), DVI, MAN, MP3 (ID3v1 and ID3v2), OGG, WAV, EXIV2, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, DEB, RPM, TAR(.GZ), ZIP, ELF, REAL, RIFF (AVI), MPEG, QT and ASF.
Also, various additional MIME types are detected. It can also be used to compute hash functions (SHA-1, MD5, ripemd160).
Other Packages Related to extract
- dep: libextractor-plugins (= 0.5.23+dfsg-4build1)
- extracts meta-data from files of arbitrary type (plugins)
- dep: libextractor1c2a
- extracts meta-data from files of arbitrary type (library)