Package: pmount (0.9.20-2ubuntu0.1) [security] [universe]
Links for pmount
Download Source Package pmount:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Vincent Fourmond
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
mount removable devices as normal user
pmount is a wrapper around the standard mount program which permits normal users to mount removable devices without a matching /etc/fstab entry. This provides a robust basis for automounting frameworks like GNOME's Utopia project and confines the amount of code that runs as root to a minimum.
This package also contains a wrapper "pmount-hal" which reads some information like device labels and mount options from hal and passes them to pmount. Install the package "hal" if you want to use this feature.
If a LUKS capable cryptsetup package is installed, pmount is able to transparently mount encrypted volumes.
Other Packages Related to pmount
- dep: libblkid1 (>= 2.15~rc2-1ubuntu1)
- block device id library
- dep: libdbus-1-3 (>= 1.0.2)
- simple interprocess messaging system
- dep: libhal-storage1 (>= 0.5.8.1)
- Hardware Abstraction Layer - shared library for storage devices
- dep: libhal1 (>= 0.5.8.1)
- Hardware Abstraction Layer - shared library