Package: printconf (0.7.9.2+nmu2ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for printconf
Download Source Package foomatic-gui:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Chris Lawrence
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [savannah.nongnu.org]
automatically configures USB and parallel printers with CUPS
Foomatic is a printing system designed to make it easier to set up common printers for use with Debian (and other operating systems). It provides the 'glue' between a print spooler (like CUPS or lpr) and the printer, by providing information about how to process files sent to the printer.
This package detects printers attached to the parallel or USB ports of the computer, and automatically establishes printer queues using Foomatic for those printers. These queues can be managed using the CUPS web interface at http://localhost:631/ or by using the Foomatic-GUI tool.
Some low-end inkjet and laser printers that use proprietary languages (so-called "WinPrinters" or "GDI printers") will require either the foo2zjs or pnm2ppa package to work.
Other Packages Related to printconf
- dep: cups
- Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server
- dep: cups-client
- Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - client programs (SysV)
- dep: foomatic-db
- OpenPrinting printer support - database
- dep: foomatic-db-gutenprint
- OpenPrinting printer support - database for Gutenprint printer drivers
- dep: ghostscript
- The GPL Ghostscript PostScript/PDF interpreter
- dep: openprinting-ppds
- OpenPrinting printer support - PostScript PPD files
- dep: python
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-foomatic (>= 0.7.9.2+nmu2ubuntu1)
- Python interface to the Foomatic printer database