Package: strigi-utils (0.7.2-0ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for strigi-utils
Download Source Package strigi:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian KDE Extras Team (Mail Archive)
- Fathi Boudra
- Mark Purcell
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [strigi.sourceforge.net]
command-line tools for Strigi Desktop Search
This package is part of Strigi Desktop Search, it contains utilities powered by Strigi:
* deepfind, an enhanced version of find. It lists files embedded in other files like .deb, .rpm, .tar.gz, email attachments, and other files. * deepgrep, an enhanced version of grep. It searches in binary files like OpenOffice files, mp3s, Microsoft office files, pdfs and also in files embedded in other files like .deb, .rpm, .tar.gz, email attachments, pdf and other files. * xmlindexer, a program that outputs the file parsing results as xml. It walks through a directory and outputs an XML file containing all the metadata and text it can extract from the files it encounters. This means that the Strigi's powers of data extraction are now available to all applications that can parse XML simply by calling xmlindexer and parsing the output.
See the 'strigi-daemon' package for more information.
Other Packages Related to strigi-utils
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: libstreamanalyzer0 (= 0.7.2-0ubuntu1)
- streamanalyzer library for Strigi Desktop Search
- dep: libstreams0 (= 0.7.2-0ubuntu1)
- streams library for for Strigi Desktop Search
- dep: libxml2 (>= 2.7.4)
- GNOME XML library