Package: libapache-mod-security (2.5.11-1ubuntu0.1) [security] [universe]
Links for libapache-mod-security
Download Source Package libapache-mod-security:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
Tighten web applications security for Apache
Mod_security is an Apache module whose purpose is to tighten the Web application security. Effectively, it is an intrusion detection and prevention system for the web server.
At the moment its main features are:
* Audit log; store full request details in a separate file, including POST payloads. * Request filtering; incoming requests can be analysed and offensive requests can be rejected (or simply logged, if that is what you want). This feature can be used to prevent many types of attacks (e.g. XSS attacks, SQL injection, ...) and even allow you to run insecure applications on your servers (if you have no other choice, of course).
In addition to this package the mod-security-common package, which includes documentation and configuration examples, will be installed.
Other Packages Related to libapache-mod-security
- dep: apache2.2-common
- Apache HTTP Server common files
- dep: liblua5.1-0
- Simple, extensible, embeddable programming language
- dep: libpcre3 (>= 7.7)
- Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library - runtime files
- dep: libxml2 (>= 2.7.4)
- GNOME XML library
- dep: mod-security-common (= 2.5.11-1ubuntu0.1)
- Tighten web applications security - common files