Package: python-beaker (1.5.1-3) [universe]
Links for python-beaker
Download Source Package beaker:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Oleksandr Moskalenko
- Debian Python Modules Team (Mail Archive)
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [pypi.python.org]
cache and session library
Beaker is a web session and general caching library that includes WSGI middleware for use in web applications.
As a general caching library, Beaker can handle storing for various times any Python object that can be pickled with optional back-ends on a fine-grained basis.
* Fast, robust performance * Multiple reader/single writer lock system to avoid duplicate simultaneous cache creation * Cache back-ends include dbm, file, memory, memcached, and database (using SQLAlchemy for multiple-db vendor support) * Signed cookies to prevent session hijacking/spoofing * Cookie-only sessions to remove the need for a database or file backend (ideal for clustered systems) * Extensible Container object to support new back-ends * Caches can be divided into namespaces (to represent templates, objects, etc.) then keyed for different copies * Create functions for automatic call-backs to create new cache copies after expiration * Fine-grained toggling of back-ends, keys, and expiration per Cache object
Other Packages Related to python-beaker
- dep: python (>= 2.5)
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-support (>= 0.90.0)
- automated rebuilding support for Python modules
- rec: python-sqlalchemy
- SQL toolkit and Object Relational Mapper for Python
- enh: python-pylons
- Python web framework emphasizing flexibility and rapid development