Package: boinc-manager (6.10.17+dfsg-3ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for boinc-manager
Download Source Package boinc:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian BOINC Maintainers (Mail Archive)
- Steffen Moeller
- Christoph Martin
- Rene Mayorga
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [boinc.berkeley.edu]
GUI to control and monitor the BOINC core client
The Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing (BOINC) is a software platform for distributed computing using volunteered computer resources.
This package contains the BOINC Manager, a graphical monitor and control utility for the BOINC core client. It gives a detailed overview of the state of the client it is monitoring, for example it shows attached projects, running tasks or file transfers between the client and project servers. It also shows statistics about granted credits and disk usage of the client and the projects. The BOINC Manager has two modes of operation, the "Simple View" in which it only displays the most important information and the "Advanced View" in which all information and all control elements are available.
For active participation in any BOINC project the recommended boinc-client package, not the boinc-manager, is required for every machine contributing.
Other Packages Related to boinc-manager
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libsqlite3-0 (>= 3.6.22)
- SQLite 3 shared library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: libwxbase2.8-0 (>= 220.127.116.11)
- wxBase library (runtime) - non-GUI support classes of wxWidgets toolkit
- dep: libwxgtk2.8-0 (>= 18.104.22.168)
- wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ runtime)
- rec: boinc-client
- core client for the BOINC distributed computing infrastructure