Package: netrek-client-cow (3.3.0-1) [universe]
Links for netrek-client-cow
Download Source Package netrek-client-cow:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian Games Team (Mail Archive)
- Barry deFreese
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.netrek.org]
client for netrek online game
This is a client for the multi-player game of Netrek.
Netrek is the probably the first video game which can accurately be described as a "sport." It has more in common with basketball than with arcade games or Quake. Its vast and expanding array of tactics and strategies allows for many different play styles; the best players are the ones who think fastest, not necessarily the ones who twitch most effectively. It can be enjoyed as a twitch game, since the dogfighting system is extremely robust, but the things that really set Netrek apart from other video games are the team and strategic aspects. Team play is dynamic and varied, with roles constantly changing as the game state changes. Strategic play is explored in organized league games; after 6+ years of league play, strategies are still being invented and refined.
The game itself has existed for over 15 years, and has a solid playerbase, including some people who have been playing for nearly as long as the game has existed.
To start the client program, run /usr/bin/netrek-client-cow, and a list of servers should be displayed.
Other Packages Related to netrek-client-cow
- dep: libfreetype6 (>= 2.2.1)
- FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files
- dep: libgmp3c2
- Multiprecision arithmetic library
- dep: libimlib2
- powerful image loading and rendering library
- dep: libsdl-mixer1.2 (>= 1.2.6)
- mixer library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 1.2
- dep: libsdl1.2debian (>= 1.2.10-1)
- Simple DirectMedia Layer
- dep: libx11-6
- X11 client-side library
- dep: libxext6
- X11 miscellaneous extension library
- dep: libxxf86vm1
- X11 XFree86 video mode extension library
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime