Package: xymon (4.3.0~beta2.dfsg-5ubuntu0.1) [security] [universe]
Links for xymon
Download Source Package xymon:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Christoph Berg
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [hobbitmon.sourceforge.net]
monitoring system for systems, networks and applications
Xymon (previously called Hobbit) is a network- and applications- monitoring system designed for use in large-scale networks. But it will also work just fine on a small network with just a few nodes. It is low-overhead and high-performance, with an easy to use web front-end. It handles monitoring of network services, and through client packages it can also be used to monitor server- specific items. Alerts can trigger when monitoring detects a problem, resulting in e-mails or calls to your pager or mobile phone.
Xymon has a great deal of inspiration from the non-free Big Brother package, but does not include any Big Brother code.
Other Packages Related to xymon
- dep: libldap-2.4-2 (>= 2.4.7)
- OpenLDAP libraries
- dep: libpcre3 (>= 7.7)
- Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library - runtime files
- dep: libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.13-4)
- PNG library - runtime
- dep: librrd4 (>= 1.3.0)
- Time-series data storage and display system (runtime library)
- dep: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8k-1)
- SSL shared libraries
- dep: xymon-client
- client for the Xymon network monitor