Package: cduce (0.5.3-2build2) [universe]
Links for cduce
Download Source Package cduce:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian OCaml Maintainers (Mail Archive)
- Pietro Abate
- Stefano Zacchiroli
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.cduce.org]
programming language adapted to the manipulation of XML data
CDuce is a modern programming language adapted to the manipulation of XML documents.
Some of CDuce's peculiar features:
- XML objects can be manipulated as first-class citizen values: elements, sequences, tags, characters and strings, attribute sets; sequences of XML elements can be specified by regular expressions, which also apply to characters strings; - functions themselves are first-class values, they can be manipulated, stored in data structure, returned by a function,...; - a powerful pattern matching operation can perform complex extractions from sequences of XML elements; - a rich type algebra, with recursive types and arbitrary boolean combinations (union, intersection, complement) allows precise definitions of data structures and XML types; general purpose types and types constructors are taken seriously (products, extensible records, arbitrary precision integers with interval constraints, Unicode characters); - polymorphism through a natural notion of subtyping, and overloaded functions with dynamic dispatch; - an highly-effective type-driven compilation schema.
CDuce is fast, functional, type-safe, and conforms to basic standards: Unicode, XML, DTD, Namespaces are fully supported, partial support of XML Schema validation is in alpha testing (and undocumented) while queries are being implemented.
Other Packages Related to cduce
- dep: libcurl-ocaml-dev
- OCaml libcurl bindings (Development package)
- dep: libcurl3-gnutls (>= 7.16.2-1)
- Multi-protocol file transfer library (GnuTLS)
- dep: libexpat-ocaml-dev
- OCaml expat bindings
- dep: libexpat1 (>= 1.95.8)
- XML parsing C library - runtime library
- dep: libocamlnet-ocaml-dev
- OCaml application-level Internet libraries - core development libraries
- dep: libpcre3 (>= 7.7)
- Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library - runtime files
- dep: ocaml-ulex
- OCaml lexer generator with Unicode support