Package: john (220.127.116.11-1)
Links for john
Download Source Package john:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Ruben Molina
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.openwall.com]
active password cracking tool
john, mostly known as John the Ripper, is a tool designed to help systems administrators to find weak (easy to guess or crack through brute force) passwords, and even automatically mail users warning them about it, if it is desired.
It can also be used with different cyphertext formats, including Unix's DES and MD5, Kerberos AFS passwords, Windows' LM hashes, BSDI's extended DES, and OpenBSD's Blowfish.
Other Packages Related to john
- dep: john-data (= 18.104.22.168-1)
- active password cracking tool - character sets
- dep: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8k-1)
- SSL shared libraries
- sug: wenglish
- Package not available
- or wordlist
- virtual package provided by miscfiles, wamerican, wamerican-huge, wamerican-insane, wamerican-large, wamerican-small, wbrazilian, wbritish, wbritish-huge, wbritish-insane, wbritish-large, wbritish-small, wbulgarian, wcanadian, wcanadian-huge, wcanadian-insane, wcanadian-large, wcanadian-small, wcatalan, wdanish, wdutch, wfaroese, wfinnish, wfrench, wgalician-minimos, wgerman-medical, witalian, wngerman, wnorwegian, wogerman, wpolish, wportuguese, wspanish, wswedish, wswiss, wukrainian