Package: dc-qt (0.2.0.alpha-4ubuntu3) [universe]
Links for dc-qt
Download Source Package dc-qt:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Steffen Joeris
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [dc-qt.sourceforge.net]
GUI frontend for the dc protocol
dc-qt is a qt front-end for the dctc program. dctc handles all communication with dc hubs and clients, while dc-qt presents an interface that has many of the features of the original directconnect client, plus some really useful improvements.
It is intended for peer-based file-sharing. In practise it works better than gnutella and other similar systems as it allows dc hubs (servers) administators to require clients to share specified amount of data. The amount is usually based on type of client's connection and it is used not to hurt or exclude anybody but to make file sharing "fair play".
dc-qt is still alpha, so some care has to be taken - try it out!
Other Packages Related to dc-qt
- dep: libboost-filesystem1.40.0 (>= 1.40.0-1)
- filesystem operations (portable paths, iteration over directories, etc) in C++
- dep: libboost-program-options1.40.0 (>= 1.40.0-1)
- program options library for C++
- dep: libboost-thread1.40.0 (>= 1.40.0-1)
- portable C++ multi-threading
- dep: libbz2-1.0
- high-quality block-sorting file compressor library - runtime
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libqtcore4 (>= 4:4.6.0)
- Qt 4 core module
- dep: libqtgui4 (>= 4:4.6.0)
- Qt 4 GUI module
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime