Package: libfbembed2 (18.104.22.16806-0.ds2-5build1) [universe]
Links for libfbembed2
Download Source Package firebird2.0:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian Firebird Group (Mail Archive)
- Daniel Urban
- Damyan Ivanov
- Francesco Paolo Lovergine
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [firebirdsql.org]
Firebird embedded client/server library
Firebird is a relational database offering many ANSI SQL-99 features that runs on Linux, Windows, and a variety of Unix platforms. Firebird offers excellent concurrency, high performance, and powerful language support for stored procedures and triggers. It has been used on production systems under a variety of names since 1981.
This package containst libfbembed2 - the embedded client/server library for Firebird.
It can work with remote Firebird servers (either super-server or classic) via TCP connections, in the same way libfbclient does.
Contrary to libfbclient, libfbembed is not thread-safe.
When working with local database libfbembed works directly with the database file without the need of a separate server process. It needs a separate lock manager -- fb_lock_mgr -- which is in firebird2.0-classic package.
If you are in doubt, you most probably need libfbclient2, instead of this package.
Other Packages Related to libfbembed2
- dep: firebird2.0-common (= 22.214.171.12406-0.ds2-5build1)
- common files for firebird 2.0 servers and clients
- dep: firebird2.0-server-common (= 126.96.36.19906-0.ds2-5build1)
- common files for firebird 2.0 servers
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libicu42 (>= 4.2-1)
- International Components for Unicode
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3