Package: libotr2 (3.2.0-2ubuntu0.1) [security]
Links for libotr2
Download Source Package libotr:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Thibaut VARENE
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
Off-the-Record Messaging library
Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging Library and Toolkit
OTR allows you to have private conversations over IM by providing:
- Encryption - No one else can read your instant messages. - Authentication - You are assured the correspondent is who you think it is. - Deniability - The messages you send do _not_ have digital signatures that are checkable by a third party. Anyone can forge messages after a conversation to make them look like they came from you. However, _during_ a conversation, your correspondent is assured the messages he sees are authentic and unmodified. - Perfect forward secrecy - If you lose control of your private keys, no previous conversation is compromised.
Other Packages Related to libotr2
- dep: libgcrypt11 (>= 1.4.2)
- LGPL Crypto library - runtime library
- sug: libotr2-bin (>= 3.2.0-2ubuntu0.1)
- toolkit for Off-the-Record Messaging library