Package: libscalar-number-perl (0.004-1) [universe]
Links for libscalar-number-perl
Download Source Package libscalar-number-perl:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian Perl Group (Mail Archive)
- gregor herrmann
- Damyan Ivanov
- Rene Mayorga
- Ryan Niebur
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [search.cpan.org]
Perl module for handling numeric aspects of scalars
Scalar::Number is about the numeric part of plain (string) Perl scalars. A scalar has a numeric value, which may be expressed in either the native integer type or the native floating point type. Many values are expressible both ways, in which case the exact representation is insignificant. To fully understand Perl arithmetic it is necessary to know about both of these representations, and the differing behaviours of numbers according to which way they are expressible.
Scalar::Number provides functions to extract the numeric part of a scalar, classify a number by expressibility, and compare numbers across representations.
Other Packages Related to libscalar-number-perl
- dep: libdata-float-perl (>= 0.005)
- Perl module encapsulating the floating point data type
- dep: libdata-integer-perl
- Perl modules handling details of the native integer data type
- dep: perl (>= 5.10.0-19ubuntu1)
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language