Package: libsoup2.4-dev (2.30.2-0ubuntu0.2) [security]
Links for libsoup2.4-dev
Download Source Package libsoup2.4:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
an HTTP library implementation in C -- Development files
It was originally part of a SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) implementation called Soup, but the SOAP and non-SOAP parts have now been split into separate packages.
libsoup uses the Glib main loop and is designed to work well with GTK+ applications. This enables GNOME applications to access HTTP servers on the network in a completely asynchronous fashion, very similar to the GTK+ programming model (a synchronous operation mode is also supported for those who want it).
* Both asynchronous (GMainLoop and callback-based) and synchronous APIs * Automatically caches connections * SSL Support using GnuTLS * Proxy support, including authentication and SSL tunneling * Client support for Digest, NTLM, and Basic authentication * Server support for Digest and Basic authentication * Basic client-side SOAP and XML-RPC support
This package contains the development files.
Other Packages Related to libsoup2.4-dev
- dep: libglib2.0-dev (>= 2.21.3)
- Development files for the GLib library
- dep: libgnutls-dev (>= 2.1.7)
- the GNU TLS library - development files
- dep: libsoup2.4-1 (= 2.30.2-0ubuntu0.2)
- an HTTP library implementation in C -- Shared library
- dep: libxml2-dev
- Development files for the GNOME XML library
- sug: libsoup2.4-doc
- an HTTP library implementation in C -- API Reference