Package: mh-e (8.2-2) [universe]
Links for mh-e
Download Source Package mh-e:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Peter S Galbraith
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [mh-e.sourceforge.net]
Emacs interface to the MH mail system
MH-E offers all the functionality of MH, the visual orientation and simplicity of use of a GUI, and full integration with Emacs and XEmacs, including thorough configuration and online help.
MH-E allows one to read and process mail very quickly: many commands are single characters; completion and smart defaults are used for folder names and aliases. With MH-E you compose outgoing messages in Emacs. This is a big plus for Emacs users, but even non-Emacs users have been known to use MH-E after only learning the most basic cursor motion commands.
Additional features include:
- attractive text rendering with font lock - composition and display of MIME body parts - display of images and HTML within the Emacs frame - folder browsing with speedbar - threading - ticking messages - lightning-fast full-text indexed searches of all of your email - virtual folders to view ticked and unseen messages, search results - multiple personalities - signing and encrypting - spam filter interaction - XFace, Face, X-Image-URL and picon header field support
MH is Rand's Mail Handler, whose functionality is available in MH, nmh and GNU mailutils.
The package also includes contributed files that are not distributed with GNU Emacs:
mh-frame.el - Open MH-E in a separate frame. mh-comp-frame.el - Message composition in a separate frame.
Other Packages Related to mh-e
- dep: emacs22
- The GNU Emacs editor (Emacs 22)
also a virtual package provided by emacs22-gtk, emacs22-nox
- or emacsen
- virtual package provided by emacs, emacs-snapshot, emacs-snapshot-nox, emacs22, emacs22-gtk, emacs22-nox, emacs23, emacs23-lucid, emacs23-nox, xemacs21-mule, xemacs21-mule-canna-wnn, xemacs21-nomule
- rec: compface
- Compress/decompress images for mailheaders, user tools
- rec: gnus
- A versatile news and mail reader for Emacsen
- sug: mailcrypt
- An Emacs interface to the GNU Privacy Guard
- sug: picon-domains
- Picon (Personal Images) database of for Internet domain logos.
- sug: swish++
- Simple Document Indexing System for Humans: C++ version
- sug: wget
- retrieves files from the web