Package: mailman (1:2.1.13-1ubuntu0.2) [security]
Links for mailman
Download Source Package mailman:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Mailman for Debian (Mail Archive)
- Lionel Elie Mamane
- Thijs Kinkhorst
- Hector Garcia
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.list.org]
Powerful, web-based mailing list manager
The GNU Mailing List Manager, which manages email discussion lists much like Majordomo and Smartmail. Unlike most similar products, Mailman gives each mailing list a web page, and allows users to subscribe, unsubscribe, etc. over the web. Even the list manager can administer his or her list entirely from the web.
Mailman also integrates most things people want to do with mailing lists, including archiving, mail <-> news gateways, and so on. It has all of the features you expect from such a product, plus integrated support for the web (including web based archiving), automated bounce handling and integrated spam prevention.
Other Packages Related to mailman
- dep: apache2
- Apache HTTP Server metapackage
also a virtual package provided by apache2-mpm-event, apache2-mpm-itk, apache2-mpm-prefork, apache2-mpm-worker
- or httpd
- virtual package provided by aolserver4-core, aolserver4-daemon, apache2-mpm-event, apache2-mpm-itk, apache2-mpm-prefork, apache2-mpm-worker, boa, bozohttpd, cherokee, dhttpd, ebhttpd, fnord, lighttpd, mathopd, micro-httpd, mini-httpd, monkey, nginx, ocsigen, thttpd, tntnet, webfs, yaws
- dep: logrotate
- Log rotation utility
- dep: lsb-base
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality
- dep: pwgen
- Automatic Password generation
- dep: python (>= 2.4)
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-support (>= 0.90.0)
- automated rebuilding support for Python modules
- dep: ucf
- Update Configuration File: preserve user changes to config files.