Package: maxima-emacs (5.20.1-5ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for maxima-emacs
Download Source Package maxima:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Camm Maguire
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
A computer algebra system -- emacs interface
Maxima is a fully symbolic computation program. It is full featured doing symbolic manipulation of polynomials, matrices, rational functions, integration, Todd-coxeter methods for finite group analysis, graphing, multiple precision floating point computation. It has a symbolic source level debugger for maxima code. Maxima is based on the original Macsyma developed at MIT in the 1970s. It is quite reliable, and has good garbage collection, and no memory leaks. It comes with hundreds of self tests.
This package contains an emacs interface.
Other Packages Related to maxima-emacs
- dep: emacs22
- The GNU Emacs editor (Emacs 22)
also a virtual package provided by emacs22-gtk, emacs22-nox
- or emacsen
- virtual package provided by emacs, emacs-snapshot, emacs-snapshot-nox, emacs22, emacs22-gtk, emacs22-nox, emacs23, emacs23-lucid, emacs23-nox, xemacs21-mule, xemacs21-mule-canna-wnn, xemacs21-nomule
- dep: emacsen-common (>= 1.4.14)
- Common facilities for all emacsen
- dep: maxima (>= 5.20.1-5ubuntu1)
- A computer algebra system -- base system
- dep: texlive-latex3
- TeX Live: LaTeX3 packages