Package: ecryptfs-utils (83-0ubuntu3.2.10.04.2) [security]
Links for ecryptfs-utils
Download Source Package ecryptfs-utils:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Daniel Baumann
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [launchpad.net]
ecryptfs cryptographic filesystem (utilities)
eCryptfs is a POSIX-compliant enterprise-class stacked cryptographic filesystem for Linux.
It provides advanced key management and policy features. eCryptfs stores cryptographic metadata in the header of each file written, so that encrypted files can be copied between hosts; the file will be decryptable with the proper key, and there is no need to keep track of any additional information aside from what is already in the encrypted file itself. Think of eCryptfs as a sort of "gnupgfs".
eCryptfs is a native Linux filesystem. The kernel module component of eCryptfs is part of the Linux kernel since 2.6.19.
This package contains the userland utilities.
Other Packages Related to ecryptfs-utils
- dep: gettext-base
- GNU Internationalization utilities for the base system
- dep: keyutils
- Linux Key Management Utilities
- dep: libecryptfs0 (>= 77)
- ecryptfs cryptographic filesystem (library)
- dep: libkeyutils1
- Linux Key Management Utilities (library)
- dep: libnss3-1d
- Network Security Service libraries
- dep: libpam-runtime (>= 1.0.1-6)
- Runtime support for the PAM library
- dep: libpam0g (>= 0.99.7.1)
- Pluggable Authentication Modules library