Package: postgis (1.4.0-2) [universe]
Links for postgis
Download Source Package postgis:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian GIS Project (Mail Archive)
- Stephen Frost
- Francesco Paolo Lovergine
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [postgis.refractions.net]
geographic objects support for PostgreSQL -- common files
PostGIS adds support for geographic objects to the PostgreSQL object-relational database. In effect, PostGIS "spatially enables" the PostgreSQL server, allowing it to be used as a backend spatial database for geographic information systems (GIS), much like ESRI's SDE or Oracle's Spatial extension. PostGIS follows the OpenGIS "Simple Features Specification for SQL".
This package contains the PostGIS userland binaries, common files and documentation.
Other Packages Related to postgis
- dep: libpq5 (>= 8.4~0cvs20090328)
- PostgreSQL C client library
- sug: postgresql-8.4-postgis
- geographic objects support for PostgreSQL 8.4