Package: science-config (0.8ubuntu2) [universe]
Links for science-config
Download Source Package debian-science:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian Science Team (Mail Archive)
- Frederic Daniel Luc Lehobey
- Andreas Tille
- Sylvestre Ledru
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [wiki.debian.org]
Debian Science Project config package
This package provides the basic infrastructure of all science-* packages and is needed by them.
These are the science related metapackages in the Debian Science project:
* science-astronomy packages related to astronomy * science-astronomy-dev packages related to development of astronomical applications * science-biology packages related to biology * science-chemistry packages related to chemistry * science-dataacquisition packages related to data acquisition * science-electronics packages related to electronics * science-engineering packages related to engineering * science-engineering-dev packages related to development of engineering applications * science-geography packages related to geography * science-linguistics packages related to linguistics * science-mathematics packages related to mathematics * science-mathematics-dev packages related to development of mathematical applications * science-meteorology packages related to meteorology and climate * science-meteorology-dev packages related to the development of meteorology and climate applications * science-neuroscience-cognitive packages related to cognitive neuroscience * science-physics packages related to physics * science-robotics packages related to robotics
This are metapackages for common utilities for all sciences:
* science-imageanalysis packages related to image analysis * science-numericalcomputation packages related to numerical computation * science-statistics packages related to statistics * science-typesetting packages related to typesetting * science-viewing packages related to viewing
Note: All these packages are so called metapackages. This means they are not executable programs, but only links to other packages. This way you will conveniently get most of scientific free software which is available in Debian.
Other Packages Related to science-config
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: blends-common (>= 0.6.6)
- Debian Pure Blends common package
- dep: menu
- generates programs menu for all menu-aware applications