Package: sl-modem-daemon (2.9.11~20100303-2) [restricted]
Links for sl-modem-daemon
Download Source Package sl-modem:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
- Maurizio Avogadro
- Rolf Leggewie
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [linmodems.technion.ac.il]
SmartLink software modem daemon
The SmartLink modem daemon is the application part of the driver for recent modems produced by Smart Link Ltd.
This package replaces (along with hardware access drivers) the old driver generation (2.7.x) which consisted of kernel modules only.
It needs a kernel driver to access the hardware. This can be either recent ALSA (shipped with a newer kernel (>=2.6.4) with ALSA support and snd-intel8x0m module) which is sufficient for basic operation and data/Internet connection, or the SmartLink kernel driver which is provided by separate packages which you can build using the source from the sl-modem-source package.
Other Packages Related to sl-modem-daemon
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: lib32asound2 (>> 1.0.22) [amd64]
- shared library for ALSA applications (32 bit)
- dep: libc6-i386 (>= 2.4) [amd64]
- GNU C Library: 32-bit shared libraries for AMD64