Package: ettercap-gtk (1:0.7.3-1.4ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for ettercap-gtk
Download Source Package ettercap:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Murat Demirten
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
Multipurpose sniffer/interceptor/logger for switched LAN
This package includes gtk enabled version of ettercap. It also includes ncurses support.
Ettercap supports active and passive dissection of many protocols (even ciphered ones) and includes many feature for network and host analysis.
Data injection in an established connection and filtering (substitute or drop a packet) on the fly is also possible, keeping the connection synchronized.
Many sniffing modes were implemented to give you a powerful and complete sniffing suite. It's possible to sniff in four modes: IP Based, MAC Based, ARP Based (full-duplex) and PublicARP Based (half-duplex).
It has the ability to check whether you are in a switched LAN or not, and to use OS fingerprints (active or passive) to let you know the geometry of the LAN.
Other Packages Related to ettercap-gtk
- dep: ettercap-common (= 1:0.7.3-1.4ubuntu1)
- Common support files and plugins for ettercap
- dep: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.20.0)
- The ATK accessibility toolkit
- dep: libcairo2 (>= 1.2.4)
- The Cairo 2D vector graphics library
- dep: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.4.0)
- generic font configuration library - runtime
- dep: libfreetype6 (>= 2.2.1)
- FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files
- dep: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.16.0)
- The GLib library of C routines
- dep: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.17.3)
- The GTK+ graphical user interface library
- dep: libltdl7 (>= 2.2.6a)
- A system independent dlopen wrapper for GNU libtool
- dep: libncurses5 (>= 5.6+20071006-3)
- shared libraries for terminal handling
- dep: libnet1 (>= 220.127.116.11)
- library for the construction and handling of network packets
- dep: libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0)
- Layout and rendering of internationalized text
- dep: libpcap0.8 (>= 1.0.0-1)
- system interface for user-level packet capture
- dep: libpcre3 (>= 7.7)
- Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library - runtime files
- dep: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8f-5)
- SSL shared libraries
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime
- rec: gksu
- graphical frontend to su