Package: imapsync (1.286+dfsg-3ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for imapsync
Download Source Package imapsync:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- RISKO Gergely
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.linux-france.org]
IMAP synchronization, copy and migration tool
The command imapsync is a tool allowing incremental and recursive imap transfer from one mailbox to another.
We sometimes need to transfer mailboxes from one imap server to another. This is called migration.
imapsync is the adequate tool because it reduces the amount of data transferred by not transferring a given message if it is already on both sides. Same headers, same message size and the transfer is done only once. All flags are preserved, unread will stay unread, read will stay read, deleted will stay deleted. You can stop the transfer at any time and restart it later, imapsync is adapted to a bad connection.
You can decide to delete the messages from the source mailbox after a successful transfer (it is a good feature when migrating). In that case, use the --delete option, and run imapsync again with the --expunge option.
You can also just synchronize a mailbox A from another mailbox B in case you just want to keep a "live" copy of B in A (backup).
Similar packages: offlineimap, imapcopy.
Other Packages Related to imapsync
- dep: libdate-manip-perl
- module for manipulating dates
- dep: libdigest-hmac-perl
- create standard message integrity checks
- dep: libio-socket-ssl-perl
- Perl module implementing object oriented interface to SSL sockets
- dep: libmail-imapclient-perl (>= 3.20-2)
- Perl library for manipulating IMAP mail stores
- dep: libterm-readkey-perl
- A perl module for simple terminal control
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language