Package: ngrep (1.45.ds2-9) [universe]
Links for ngrep
Download Source Package ngrep:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Romain Francoise
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [ngrep.sf.net]
grep for network traffic
ngrep strives to provide most of GNU grep's common features, applying them to the network layer. ngrep is a pcap-aware tool that will allow you to specify extended regular expressions to match against data payloads of packets. It currently recognizes TCP, UDP and ICMP across Ethernet, PPP, SLIP and null interfaces, and understands bpf filter logic in the same fashion as more common packet sniffing tools, such as tcpdump and snoop.
Other Packages Related to ngrep
- dep: libnet1 (>= 188.8.131.52)
- library for the construction and handling of network packets
- dep: libpcap0.8 (>= 0.9.8)
- system interface for user-level packet capture
- dep: libpcre3 (>= 7.7)
- Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library - runtime files