Package: pawserv (2006.dfsg.2-14ubuntu2) [universe]
Links for pawserv
Download Source Package cernlib:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Kevin B. McCarty
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [cernlib.web.cern.ch]
CERNLIB data analysis suite - distributed PAW and file transfer servers
CERNLIB is a suite of data analysis tools and libraries created for use in physics experiments, but also with applications to other fields such as the biological sciences.
This package contains the server daemon for remote PAW clients. PAW is the Physics Analysis Workstation, a graphical analysis program. Included in the same binary is zserv, the server daemon for the ZFTP protocol; zserv is a macro-extensible file transfer program which supports the transfer of formatted, unformatted and ZEBRA RZ files (CMZ, HBOOK, etc.). It is similar to a standard FTP daemon, although it listens on a different port. Both servers operate through inetd.
Since these servers accept passwords in clear text and do not support SSL or other encryption methods, you should probably only install this package within a trusted LAN. It should be seen as equivalent to vanilla telnetd in terms of security (or lack thereof).
Other Packages Related to pawserv
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.0) [i386]
- Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.2.5) [amd64]
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libgfortran3 (>= 4.3)
- Runtime library for GNU Fortran applications
- dep: libkernlib1-gfortran
- CERNLIB data analysis suite - core library of basic functions
- dep: libpacklib1-gfortran
- CERNLIB data analysis suite - core library
- dep: netbase (>= 4.08)
- Basic TCP/IP networking system
- sug: logrotate
- Log rotation utility