Package: pango-graphite (0.9.2-3.1) [universe]
Links for pango-graphite
Download Source Package pango-graphite:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Daniel Glassey
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
SILGraphite support for pango
SILGraphite is a system that can be used to create and use "smart fonts" capable of displaying writing systems with various complex behaviors, such as: contextual shaping, ligatures, reordering, split glyphs, bidirectionality, stacking diacritics and complex positioning.
This library was designed and developed by the NRSI (Non-Roman Script Initiative) within SIL International (www.sil.org) to act as a complement to other smart font rendering technologies with limited practical local extensability. Its purpose is to help meet the needs of a very large number of "minority language" communities for local extensibility of complex script behaviors.
The behavior of the SILGraphite rendering engine for a given writing system is specified through extra tables added to a TrueType font. These tables are generated by compiling a GDL (Graphite Description Language) source file into a font using gdlcomp.
This package contains a pango module so that apps that use pango get graphite capabilities.
Other Packages Related to pango-graphite
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.1.3) [i386]
- Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.2.5) [amd64]
- dep: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.4.0)
- generic font configuration library - runtime
- dep: libfreetype6 (>= 2.3.5)
- FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1-21)
- GCC support library
- dep: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.12.0)
- The GLib library of C routines
- dep: libgraphite3 (>= 1:2.1+0361svn-1)
- SILGraphite - a "smart font" rendering engine
- dep: libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.20.2)
- Layout and rendering of internationalized text
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1-21)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: zlib1g
- compression library - runtime