Package: pbuilder (0.196ubuntu1)
Links for pbuilder
Download Source Package pbuilder:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian pbuilder maintenance team (Mail Archive)
- Junichi Uekawa
- Loïc Minier
- Matt Kraai
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
personal package builder for Debian packages
pbuilder constructs a chroot system, and builds a package inside the chroot. It is an ideal system to use to check that a package has correct build-dependencies. It uses apt extensively, and a local mirror, or a fast connection to a Debian mirror is ideal, but not necessary.
"pbuilder create" uses debootstrap to create a chroot image.
"pbuilder update" updates the image to the current state of testing/unstable/whatever
"pbuilder build" takes a *.dsc file and builds a binary in the chroot image.
pdebuild is a wrapper for Debian Developers, to allow running pbuilder just like "debuild", as a normal user.
Other Packages Related to pbuilder
- dep: coreutils (>= 4.5.8-1)
- The GNU core utilities
- dep: debianutils (>= 1.13.1)
- Miscellaneous utilities specific to Debian
- dep: wget
- retrieves files from the web
- rec: devscripts
- scripts to make the life of a Debian Package maintainer easier
- rec: fakeroot
- Gives a fake root environment