Package: mapivi (0.9.7-1) [universe]
Links for mapivi
Download Source Package mapivi:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Rene Weber
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [mapivi.sourceforge.net]
Photo viewer and organizer with emphasis on IPTC fields
Cross-platform (UNIX, Mac OS X, and Windows) picture manager and organizer, Mapivi is a stand alone tool, there is no need for a web server, online access or a database.
Deals with EXIF data (like timestamp, camera model, focal length, exposure time, aperture, etc.), and is able to rename the pictures according to their internal date/time, to display and modify JPEG comments and to do lossless rotation.
The idea of using Mapivi as an picture organizer is to keep user, EXIF, and IPTC information where it belongs -- in the pictures -- as well in a searchable Mapivi database.
Mapivi is also able to do image processing. Mapivi serves here as a frontend (GUI) for many proven command line tools, like the Image Magick tools.
Other Packages Related to mapivi
- dep: libimage-info-perl (>= 1.23-2)
- allows extraction of meta information from image files
- dep: libimage-metadata-jpeg-perl (>= 0.15-1)
- Perl extension for showing/modifying JPEG (meta)data
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- dep: perl-tk (>= 1:804.027-7)
- Perl module providing the Tk graphics library
- rec: jhead
- manipulate the non-image part of Exif compliant JPEG files
- rec: libimage-exiftool-perl
- Library and program to read and write meta information in multimedia files
- rec: libjpeg-progs
- Programs for manipulating JPEG files
- sug: jpegpixi
- Remove hot spots from JPEG images with minimal quality loss