Package: prayer (1.3.2-dfsg1-4build1) [universe]
Links for prayer
Download Source Package prayer:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Magnus Holmgren
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk]
standalone IMAP-based webmail server
Prayer is yet another Webmail interface.
It is unusual in that it is a complete, standalone, HTTP server and proxy rather a Apache/mod_php plugin. Prayer maintains persistent connections to the IMAP server and is written entirely in C. Consequently it is much faster than most open source Webmail interfaces and puts very little load on either the machines running the Web server or the backend IMAP servers (even if traditional Unix format mailfolders are in use).
Prayer has very few external dependencies as user preferences are stored on the IMAP server rather than in a SQL database. It does however implement a full range of features and user preference settings.
Other Packages Related to prayer
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: libc-client2007e
- c-client library for mail protocols - library files
- dep: libdb4.8
- Berkeley v4.8 Database Libraries [runtime]
- dep: libldap-2.4-2 (>= 2.4.7)
- OpenLDAP libraries
- dep: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8k-1)
- SSL shared libraries
- dep: logrotate
- Log rotation utility
- dep: ssl-cert (>= 1.0.11)
- simple debconf wrapper for OpenSSL
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime
- sug: prayer-accountd
- account management daemon for Prayer
- sug: prayer-templates-src
- templates for customizing Prayer Webmail