Package: pyg (0.9.7build1) [universe]
Links for pyg
Download Source Package pyg:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Cosimo Alfarano
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
Python Mail <-> News Gateway
Python Gateway Script from news to mail and vice versa.
It is intended to be a full SMTP/NNTP rfc compliant gateway with whitelist manager.
You will probably have to install a mail-transport-agent and/or news-transport-system package to manage SMTP/NNTP traffic.
MTA is needed for mail2news service, since mail have to be processed on a box where pyg is installed. You can use a remote smtpserver for news2mail.
News system is useful but not needed, since you can send articles to a remote SMTP server (ie: moderated NG) where is installed pyg, otherwise you will need it.
It refers to rfc 822 (mail) and 850 (news).
Other Packages Related to pyg
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.2.5) [amd64]
- Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.3.6-6~) [i386]
- dep: python (<< 2.7)
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python (>= 2.6)
- dep: python-support (>= 0.7.1)
- automated rebuilding support for Python modules