Package: python-jpype (0.5.4.1-2) [universe]
Links for python-jpype
Download Source Package python-jpype:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- TANIGUCHI Takaki
- Debian Python Modules Team (Mail Archive)
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [jpype.sourceforge.net]
Binding the worlds of Java and Python
JPype is an effort to allow Python programs full access to java class libraries. This is achieved not through re-implementing Python, as Jython/JPython has done, but rather through interfacing at the native level in both Virtual Machines.
Eventually, it should be possible to replace Java with Python in many, though not all, situations. JSP, Servlets, RMI servers and IDE plugins are good candidates.
Other Packages Related to python-jpype
- dep: default-jre
- Standard Java or Java compatible Runtime
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: python (<< 2.7)
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python (>= 2.6)
- dep: python-support (>= 0.90.0)
- automated rebuilding support for Python modules