Package: python-mapnik (0.7.0-2ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for python-mapnik
Download Source Package mapnik:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.mapnik.org]
C++/Python toolkit for developing GIS applications (Python)
Mapnik is an OpenSource C++/Python toolkit for developing GIS (Geographic Information Systems) applications. At the core is a C++ shared library providing algorithms/patterns for spatial data access and visualization.
Essentially a collection of geographic objects (map, layer, datasource, feature, geometry), the library doesn't rely on "windowing systems" and is intended to work in multi-threaded environments
High-level Python bindings (boost.python) facilitate rapid application development, targeting zope3, django, etc.
This package contains the Python bindings.
Other Packages Related to python-mapnik
- dep: libboost-python1.40.0 (>= 1.40.0-1)
- Boost.Python Library
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libjpeg62
- The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG runtime library
- dep: libmapnik0.7
- C++/Python toolkit for developing GIS applications (libraries)
- dep: libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.13-4)
- PNG library - runtime
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: python (<< 2.7)
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python (>= 2.6)
- dep: python-cairo
- Python bindings for the Cairo vector graphics library
- dep: python-support (>= 0.90.0)
- automated rebuilding support for Python modules