Package: r-base-dev (2.10.1-2) [universe]
Links for r-base-dev
Download Source Package r-base:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Dirk Eddelbuettel
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.r-project.org]
GNU R installation of auxiliary GNU R packages
R is a system for statistical computation and graphics. It consists of a language plus a run-time environment with graphics, a debugger, access to certain system functions, and the ability to run programs stored in script files.
The design of R has been heavily influenced by two existing languages: Becker, Chambers & Wilks' S and Sussman's Scheme. Whereas the resulting language is very similar in appearance to S, the underlying implementation and semantics are derived from Scheme.
The core of R is an interpreted computer language which allows branching and looping as well as modular programming using functions. Most of the user-visible functions in R are written in R. It is possible for the user to interface to procedures written in the C, C++, or FORTRAN languages for efficiency, and many of R's core functions do so. The R distribution contains functionality for a large number of statistical procedures and underlying applied math computations. There is also a large set of functions which provide a flexible graphical environment for creating various kinds of data presentations.
Additionally, over thousand extension "packages" are available from CRAN, the Comprehensive R Archive Network, many also as Debian packages, named 'r-cran-<name>'.
This packages ensures that other Debian packages needed for installation of some auxiliary R packages are installed.
Other Packages Related to r-base-dev
- dep: build-essential
- Informational list of build-essential packages
- dep: dpatch
- patch maintenance system for Debian source packages
- dep: g++
- The GNU C++ compiler
- dep: gcc
- The GNU C compiler
- dep: gfortran
- The GNU Fortran 95 compiler
- dep: libbz2-dev
- high-quality block-sorting file compressor library - development
- dep: libjpeg62-dev
- Development files for the IJG JPEG library
- dep: libncurses5-dev
- developer's libraries and docs for ncurses
- dep: libpcre3-dev
- Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library - development files
- dep: libpng12-dev
- PNG library - development
- dep: libreadline-dev
- GNU readline and history libraries, development files
- dep: r-base-core (>= 2.10.1-2)
- GNU R core of statistical computation and graphics system
- dep: zlib1g-dev
- compression library - development