Package: rsync (3.0.7-1ubuntu1.1) [security]
Links for rsync
Download Source Package rsync:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Paul Slootman
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
fast remote file copy program (like rcp)
rsync is a program that allows files to be copied to and from remote machines in much the same way as rcp. It has many more options than rcp, and uses the rsync remote-update protocol to greatly speed up file transfers when the destination file already exists.
The rsync remote-update protocol allows rsync to transfer just the differences between two sets of files across the network link.
This package also includes rsyncd daemon functionality.
Other Packages Related to rsync
- dep: base-files (>= 4.0.1)
- Debian base system miscellaneous files
- dep: libacl1 (>= 2.2.11-1)
- Access control list shared library
- dep: libpopt0 (>= 1.15)
- lib for parsing cmdline parameters
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.2-14)
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality