Package: sbuild (0.59.0-1ubuntu2) [universe]
Links for sbuild
Download Source Package sbuild:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian buildd-tools Developers (Mail Archive)
- Michael Banck
- Roger Leigh
- Francesco Paolo Lovergine
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
Tool for building Debian binary packages from Debian sources
The sbuild suite of programs (wanna-build, buildd and sbuild) are used to build binary packages from source packages. The wanna-build database tracks packages which require building; buildd schedules work from information it gets from the wanna-build database; sbuild does the actual package building.
sbuild can do its work in chroots so both stable and unstable environments can be used on the same machine. Useful for, say, building the latest unstable packages against stable library versions. And by keeping only essential and build-essential in the chroots, you can find the correct build dependencies for a package.
Other Packages Related to sbuild
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: libsbuild-perl (= 0.59.0-1ubuntu2)
- Tool for building Debian binary packages from Debian sources
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- dep: perl-modules
- Core Perl modules