Package: clustalw (2.0.10-1) [multiverse]
Links for clustalw
Download Source Package clustalw:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian-Med Packaging Team (Mail Archive)
- Steffen Moeller
- Charles Plessy
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.clustal.org]
global multiple nucleotide or peptide sequence alignment
This program performs an alignment of multiple nucleotide or amino acid sequences. It recognizes the format of input sequences and whether the sequences are nucleic acid (DNA/RNA) or amino acid (proteins). The output format may be selected from in various formats for multiple alignments such as Phylip or FASTA. Clustal W is very well accepted.
The output of Clustal W can be edited manually but preferably with an alignment editor like SeaView or within its companion Clustal X. When building a model from your alignment, this can be applied for improved database searches. The Debian package hmmer creates such in form of an HMM.
For details and citation purposes see paper "Clustal W and Clustal X version 2.0", Larkin M., et al. Bioinformatics 2007 23(21):2947-2948
Other Packages Related to clustalw
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.2.1)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- sug: clustalx
- Multiple alignment of nucleic acid and protein sequences (graphical interface)
- sug: seaview
- Multiplatform interface for sequence alignment and phylogeny