Package: hmmer-pvm (2.3.2-5) [universe]
Links for hmmer-pvm
Download Source Package hmmer:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian-Med Packaging Team (Mail Archive)
- Matthew Vernon
- Nelson A. de Oliveira
- Andreas Tille
- Charles Plessy
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [hmmer.janelia.org]
HMMER programs with PVM (Parallel Virtual Machine) support
HMMER is an implementation of profile hidden Markov model methods for sensitive searches of biological sequence databases using multiple sequence alignments as queries.
Given a multiple sequence alignment as input, HMMER builds a statistical model called a "hidden Markov model" which can then be used as a query into a sequence database to find (and/or align) additional homologues of the sequence family.
This package contains HMMER programs compiled with PVM support.
Other Packages Related to hmmer-pvm
- dep: libpvm3
- Parallel Virtual Machine - shared libraries
- dep: pvm
- Parallel Virtual Machine - binaries
- sug: hmmer-doc (>= 2.3.2-5)
- profile hidden Markov models for protein sequence analysis (docs)