Package: slang-pvm (0.1.5-12) [universe]
Links for slang-pvm
Download Source Package slpvm:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian JED Group (Mail Archive)
- Rafael Laboissiere
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [space.mit.edu]
PVM (Parallel Virtual Machine) interface for S-Lang
PVM (Parallel Virtual Machine) is a software package which permits a heterogeneous collection computers connected by a network to be used as a single large parallel computer.
The S-Lang PVM module provides a S-Lang interface to PVM. By organizing distributed computations with S-Lang, one gains the advantages of programming in an interpreted language.
With this approach, one can make efficient use of all available computer resources: high level logic is handled in interpreted code, CPU intensive work is done in compiled code and PVM simplifies using all available CPUs.
Other Packages Related to slang-pvm
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.1.3) [i386]
- Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.2.5) [amd64]
- dep: libpvm3
- Parallel Virtual Machine - shared libraries
- dep: libslang2 (>= 2.0.7-1)
- The S-Lang programming library - runtime version