Package: faust (0.9.9.4b-2) [universe]
Links for faust
Download Source Package faust:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Mario Lang
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [faust.grame.fr]
functional programming language for realtime audio applications
Faust is a functional programming language specifically designed for realtime audio applications and plugins. The syntax of the language is block diagram oriented. The faust compiler translate signal processing specifications into optimized C++ code for signal processing applications.
The generated code can be wrapped into an 'architecture file' in order to create for example a standalone jack/gtk application. Several architecture file are provided and additional ones are fairly easy to add.
Other Packages Related to faust
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- rec: g++
- The GNU C++ compiler
- rec: libgtk2.0-dev
- Development files for the GTK+ library
- rec: libjack-dev
- JACK Audio Connection Kit (development files)
- rec: make
- An utility for Directing compilation.
- sug: kate
- KDE 4 Advanced Text Editor