Package: ihu (0.6.0-1build1) [universe]
Links for ihu
Download Source Package ihu:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Andrea Capriotti
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
Qt VoIP softphone with an own, encrypted protocol
IHU creates an audio stream between two computers easily and with the minimal traffic on the network.
The main features are:
- Peer-to-Peer: the communication takes place directly between the computers, without need of session protocols (such as SIP and H323) or other servers in the middle.
- UDP/TCP support: IHU supports both UDP and TCP, with the possibility to choose UDP, for fast and easy connections, or TCP, if it's the only solution when your computer is behind firewall or NAT.
- Good audio performance: IHU was born to give the best audio performance, low latency above all. For this purpose IHU is compatible with ALSA, now the default Linux sound architecture, but also with JACK, a low latency sound server. For the audio compression, IHU uses Speex, a codec optimized for speech (and completely free and open source).
- Crypted stream: you have also the possibility to Encrypt/Decrypt the stream using a fast hybrid cryptographic system (RSA + Blowfish)
- Command-line support: the GUI is not strictly necessary, you can run also a textual IHU from command-line (for example if you need to run the program on remote computers).
Other Packages Related to ihu
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libgmp3c2
- Multiprecision arithmetic library
- dep: libgmpxx4ldbl
- Multiprecision arithmetic library (C++ bindings)
- dep: libice6 (>= 1:1.0.0)
- X11 Inter-Client Exchange library
- dep: libjack0 (>= 0.118+svn3796)
- JACK Audio Connection Kit (libraries)
- dep: libogg0 (>= 1.0rc3)
- Ogg bitstream library
- dep: libqt3-mt (>= 3:3.3.8-b)
- Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime version), Version 3
- dep: libsm6
- X11 Session Management library
- dep: libsoundtouch1c2 (>= 1.3.1)
- sound stretching library
- dep: libspeex1 (>= 1.2~beta3-1)
- The Speex codec runtime library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: libx11-6
- X11 client-side library
- dep: libxext6
- X11 miscellaneous extension library
- dep: libxi6
- X11 Input extension library
- dep: libxmu6
- X11 miscellaneous utility library
- dep: libxt6
- X11 toolkit intrinsics library