Package: pulseaudio (1:0.9.22~0.9.21+stable-queue-32-g8478-0ubuntu14)
Links for pulseaudio
Download Source Package pulseaudio:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Pulseaudio maintenance team (Mail Archive)
- CJ van den Berg
- Sjoerd Simons
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.pulseaudio.org]
PulseAudio sound server
PulseAudio, previously known as Polypaudio, is a sound server for POSIX and WIN32 systems. It is a drop in replacement for the ESD sound server with much better latency, mixing/re-sampling quality and overall architecture.
These are some of PulseAudio's features:
* High quality software mixing of multiple audio streams with support for more than one sink/source. May be used to combine multiple sound cards into one (with sample rate adjustment).
* Wide range of supported client libraries. ESD, ALSA, oss, libao and GStreamer client applications are supported as-is. Native PulseAudio plug-ins are also available for xmms and mplayer.
* Good low latency behaviour and very accurate latency measurement for playback and recording. Ability to fully synchronize multiple playback streams.
* Network transparency, allowing an application to play back or record audio on a different machine than the one it is running on.
* Extensible plug-in architecture with plug-ins for jackd, multicast-rtp lirc and avahi, just to name a few.
This package contains the daemon and basic module set.
Other Packages Related to pulseaudio
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: consolekit
- framework for defining and tracking users, sessions and seats
- dep: libasound2-plugins
- ALSA library additional plugins
- dep: libdbus-1-3 (>= 1.0.2)
- simple interprocess messaging system
- dep: libice6 (>= 1:1.0.0)
- X11 Inter-Client Exchange library
- dep: libltdl7 (>= 2.2.6b)
- A system independent dlopen wrapper for GNU libtool
- dep: libpulse0 (= 1:0.9.22~0.9.21+stable-queue-32-g8478-0ubuntu14)
- PulseAudio client libraries
- dep: libsamplerate0
- Audio sample rate conversion library
- dep: libsm6
- X11 Session Management library
- dep: libsndfile1 (>= 1.0.20)
- Library for reading/writing audio files
- dep: libspeexdsp1 (>= 1.2~beta3.2-1)
- The Speex extended runtime library
- dep: libtdb1 (>= 1.1.2~git20080520)
- Trivial Database - shared library
- dep: libudev0 (>= 147)
- udev library
- dep: libx11-6 (>= 0)
- X11 client-side library
- dep: libxtst6
- X11 Testing -- Resource extension library
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3)
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality
- dep: pulseaudio-utils
- Command line tools for the PulseAudio sound server
- rec: gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio
- GStreamer plugin for PulseAudio
- rec: pulseaudio-esound-compat
- PulseAudio ESD compatibility layer
- rec: pulseaudio-module-x11
- X11 module for PulseAudio sound server
- rec: rtkit
- Realtime Policy and Watchdog Daemon