Package: ripit (3.8.0-1) [universe]
Links for ripit
Download Source Package ripit:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Elimar Riesebieter
- Jesus Climent
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.suwald.com]
Textbased audio cd ripper
ripit runs in text mode (no fancy GUI here) and does everything required to produce a set of mp3, ogg, flac, m4a files without any user-intervention.
ripit does the following with an Audio CD:
- Get the audio CD Album/Artist/Tracks information from CDDB - Rip the audio CD Tracks (using cdparanoia or other cdrippers) - Encode the files (using lame, oggvorbis flac and/or faac) - ID3 tag them (v1 & v2) - Optional: creates a playlist (M3U) file (lists MP3s created, used by various MP3 players) - Optional: Prepares and sends a CDDB submission. - Optional: Saves the CDDB file.
Other Packages Related to ripit
- dep: libcddb-get-perl
- Perl interface to read the CDDB entry for an audio CD in your drive
- dep: libwebservice-musicbrainz-perl
- XML based Web service API to the MusicBrainz database
- dep: libwww-perl
- Perl HTTP/WWW client/server library
- dep: normalize-audio
- adjusts the volume of WAV, MP3 and OGG files to a standard volume level