Package: sysklogd (1.5-5ubuntu4) [universe]
Links for sysklogd
Download Source Package sysklogd:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Martin Schulze
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
System Logging Daemon
This package implements the system log daemon, which is an enhanced version of the standard Berkeley utility program. It is responsible for providing logging of messages received from programs and facilities on the local host as well as from remote hosts.
Other Packages Related to sysklogd
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.2-12ubuntu3)
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality
- dep: sysv-rc (>= 2.86.ds1-14.1ubuntu2)
- System-V-like runlevel change mechanism